Thursday, 26 September 2013

SUMMER 2013 PT 1 ZANTE X GLASTONBURY









  Hello! This past summer has been absolutely wonderful to me, I've had so many adventures and made so many memories with all of my favourite people. I've been meaning to make a post about it for a while now, and since summer is over and the harsh winter weather is coming in, I decided it was time to stop being lazy and make a little post dedicated to this magical season. 

ZANTE
This was the first proper girls holiday I have ever been on, I've been away with a friend or two before, but not with a whole bunch of us and for so long! We went for 10 days to the greek island, and we had such an amazing time. We all immediately agreed on Zante as a destination, as we felt it was a great place for a first holiday away together. Nothing to grim, but not too pricey either. We were staying at the very end of Laganas strip, so we were far away from the hustle and bustle of the nightclubs, but still had a short distance to walk when we went out (however we ended up getting a taxi most time because every time you walk past a bar you get people trying to drag you in, snorrreee) My highlight of the trip was definitely hiring a private speed boat for the day, we had our own captain and he drove us around the island and to all the hidden beaches and coves, would highly recommend doing this over getting on one of the party boats. We also spent one of our last days hiring quad bikes so we could explore the island a little more, and drove all up into the mountains, it was such a lovely way to end the holiday, and I cannot wait to go on another holiday with these ladies next year!


GLASTONBURY
Glastonbury was, and always will be, the highlight of my summer. It was my fifth time there this year, and with 16 of us in total camping, it was also my favourite. Shortly after I got home from Zante, I was packing to leave to Worthy Farm for the weekend. I managed to see SOOO many bands: Fatboy slim, Beady Eye, Haim, Jake Bugg, Peace, Miles Kane, Foals, Alt-J, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, The Staves, The 1975, Azealia Banks, The Strypes, Daughter, The Proclaimers, Primal Scream, The Rolling Stones, Kenny Rogers, Vampire Weekend, Kate Nash, Smashing Pumpkins, The XX and Mumford and Sons. The weather was fantastic to us, and it only rained once on the thursday. Just a magical, magical weekend.

All in all, June was a fantastic, jam-packed month, and it was a great way to start the summer!

CHANEL xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment