Saturday, 8 February 2014

TOPSHOP CHARMED + PILLOW TALK REVIEW!



Charmed
Pillow Talk 



I bought both of these on a bit of a whim, I was ordering a few things from the Topshop website anyway, and since I needed a few new lipsticks, I decided to order a couple. I bought my first Topshop lipstick (inhibition) about October time last year, and was pleasantly surprised with it's staying power. With a quick search on google for other reviews to get a better idea of what they look like on, I decided to go for a pink and an orange colour.

Both colours are "velvet finish" which is very much like MAC's creme sheen, they're lovely colours but they don't really last anywhere as long as Matte lipsticks.

Charmed
An orange shade, it's quite similar to "Saigon Summer" from MAC, which I bought last summer, so I was a bit disappointed as I've obviously already got a lipstick in that shade. However, I am definitely one for orange lip colours, I find red a bit too much to handle, and I'm not much of a fan of nude colours either. So this type of Orange shade is right up my street. It's not over the top, but also has a pop of colour so I don't look too washed out.

Pillow Talk
This is more of a baby pink shade, I'm always a little nervous with pink lip colours, because there's just something that I find can come across as a bit "cheap" with them. However, I do quite like this, I find it easy to wear with most things, and it pretty much goes with anything. Perfect for spring day looks.

I do think that out of the two, Charmed is my favourite, but I am a sucker for Orange shades. 
I really rate topshop's make up range, and their lipsticks are good quality for the price, especially if you can't really afford forking out £15 a time for ones from "fancier" make-up brands.

Have you tried any of lipsticks from Topshop yet? Any particular shades you adore?
Let me know in the comments :)





2 comments: