Monday, 22 December 2014

SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE



I've never written a "tag" post before, but after seeing llymlrs & zoeldn's recent youtube tag (here & here) I decided that this was the one for me to break that tag virginity. Music is a big part of my life, like most of you, I listen to it every single day, the majority of my best moments of 2014 have been made up of gigs I've been to, and it's something that's so unique to each and every different person. So, to start making my blog a little more personal, here's a few of my favourite (musical) things;

Song you listen to when you're happy? 
 Luna - Bombay Bicycle Club. BBC are just a generally happy kind of band, you can almost skip along to most of their songs, Luna especially. 

Song you listen to when you're sad? 
Gold - Spandeu Ballet. This isn't really when I'm sad, just whenever I'm feeling low, and down. This song just makes me feel like I can do anything.

What song will you have at your wedding? 
I have honestly never given this a thought, and I'm stuck even now. I guess it depends who I marry and what "our" songs turn out to be.

What song do you dance around the house to? 
 Single Ladies - Beyonce. Ofcourse I know the routine.

Song you play on your headphones when you're out and about?
Blank Space - Taylor Swift. Atm, I am totally loving 1989.

Song you listen to when you're angry?
Fast Fuse - Kasabian. Kasabian just make everything better for me, so if I'm in a foul mood, that'll just perk me right up.

Song you'd have at your funeral?
I am the resurrection - Stone Roses. My Dad once said he wants The Specials' 'Enjoy yourself' at his, so I also want that level of positivity and happiness at mine also. What a ridiculous song it would be.

Song that makes you lose your shit at a party?
 Can I say Single Ladies again? because I will drop everything in my hands/arms to break out those moves. 

The last song you listened to?
Cocoon - Catfish & The Bottlemen. banging.

Your karaoke song?
A thousand miles - Vanessa Carlton. HOW White Chicks of me. 

What song do you work out/exercise to?
.

Song with the most memories attached?
Misery Business - Paramore. The days of being a 17 year old, Hayley Williams wannabe who got drunk of frosty jack every saturday. ahh, the teenage dream.

Song that makes you cry?
 Wake Up - Arcade Fire. I just think it's such a beautiful song, and I genuinely did cry along to this at Glastonbury earlier this year.

Song you hate the most?
Pompeii - Bastille. Ugh.

Your favourite song of all time?
Baby Love - The Supremes. I don't know why. I just adore this song so much. I have a lot of time for motown music, this song is just timeless to me.


I don't know if this was much insight, but either way I made a spotify playlist to along with it (minus T.swift obvs) let me know it the comments if you decide to do this tag, or if you think I should write more musically based posts in the future at all :)

Chanel x


1 comment:

  1. I've been loving 1989 recently too - especially Welcome to New York <3 Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete