Thursday 20 February 2014

OH WHAT A SHAME


hat, coat, jeans - topshop
top - H&M
boots - New Look

Shockingly bad quality photo's from the gig.



Hello Everyone! This is just a quick catch up post, which should have been posted Monday (I'm terrible) On Sunday I spent the day with a group of friends and family of mine and went into Birmingham City Centre for drinks and to see The Strypes!

OUTFIT
The outfit is really casual, just skinny jeans with a striped top. I wore my new boots from New Look, they're actually really comfortable, and they give me loads of height at the same time (which is an extra bonus for a gig, as I could actually SEE for once) I never usually take big coats along to gigs with me, but since I was out from about 1pm, I couldn't bear to not take something warmer with me. I almost wish I hadn't now, since my beloved pink coat is now filthy. 
I didn't get a chance to take many photo's for this (I did try and bargain with my 12 year old sister to take some of me, but it was unsuccessful) So, these will have to do for now.

THE STRYPES GIG
The Strypes are a very young band from Ireland, they sound very old school - blues/rock and roll, and considering their age, I think they're amazing. I've seen the three times before now, twice at festivals and once when they supported Arctic Monkeys (I even briefly met the guitarist once outside walkabout once) They have so so so much energy on stage, and their songs are all really upbeat. You'll find it hard to not move along to them. 
We arrived pretty late, after having probably one to many drinks in the Sunflower Lounge, so we were stood quick far back, however after about three or four songs we managed to find a way to the front of the crowd, and I some how ended up at the barrier for the rest of the gig, which was amazing for me because I got a fantastic view for once (short problems). The guys absolutely blew me away, and it was such a memorable night, I even managed to get hold of a (very ripped) setlist afterwards.


Side note: I'm really considering changing my blog name, I'm not sure what too, but I don't feel like "When in Wonderland" is very fitting anymore (I've had it since I was about 17) What do you think? should I stay the same, or change it to something else? Let me know it comments please, advice would be amazing.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful coat! Also, I think you should keep the name, I personally really like it :) x. Just nominated you for the Liebster Award! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, I'll be keeping it for the time being anyway :) Ahhh thank you, I'll get round to making a Liebster post this week sometime xxx

      Delete