Monday 3 March 2014

OSCARS 2014 FAVES



Sally Hawkins - Valentino
Naomi Watts - Calvin Klein
Emma Watson - Vera Wang
Cate Blanchett - Armani Prive
Lupita Nyong'o - Prada

It was Oscar night last night (also known as, the best awards show all season) I stayed up allll night watching them (once you start, you're pretty much committed) They're the biggest awards show of them all, and the fashion stakes are always soso high. There were a few actresses I was disappointed in (Oliva Wilde's dress at the Golden Globes was so much more incredible than the one she wore last night) But there were also so many gorgeous looks too.

I've picked out my top five looks from the red carpet last night, my ultimate favourite from last night was Lupita Nyong'o, she looked like a real life princess. She's burst onto the scene this season with "12 years a slave", and has looked flawless at every single award show. 
Cate Blanchett always looks amazing, and angelic. She looks so ethereal, and magical. 
I'm quite a sucker for detail, so Sally Hawkins dress it right up my street. I think the sleeves are a little too long on her, and she looks a bit swamped, with the train and high neck, combined with wearing her hair down. But the dress itself is so gorgeous, I couldn't not include it in this post.
The colour white seemed to be a bit of a trend last night (Kate Hudson looked gorgeous in a silvery/white number) but my favourite blanc gown was the Calvin Klein one, worn by Naomi Watts. It looks so simple from afar, but if you look really closely, you can see all the detailing. 
I'm not the biggest fan of Emma Watson usually, but she looked so beautiful last night. It was so grunge-y for the Oscars, but she still pulled it off so well. It's not just the meshy dress that I love about this, it's her hair, accessories and makeup. The look on a whole worked so well together. 
Again, my favourite was Lupita, the statement headband with her pixie hair, and the red lip against the blue dress, the plunging neck line, I cannot get over this look. just, flawless.
I also need to mention Suki Waterhouse, I can't find any full photos of her dress, but she looked so gorgeous on the front row next to Bradley Cooper last night, so appropriate for the Oscars, but also kept it very "Suki" with her hair.

What were your favourite looks from last night? 
Let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment