Monday 5 January 2015

HELLO 2015



With a new year, comes a new perspective, set of goals and a refreshing sense of motivation. I wouldn't say that I'm glad to see the back of 2014, but I'm not particularly sad to see it go either.

The only word I can describe the previous year as, is mediocre. Don't get me wrong, I had some absolutely fantastic times, namely going to Cancun with two of my best friends, and also swimming with the Whale sharks whilst over there (Probably the highlight of my life) I had another sublime time at Glastonbury and managed to bag myself a job I adore (job, not career however) But 2014 was nothing short of, shall we say, set backs?

However, as everything happens for a reason, I feel as though I've started 2015 with a clear head. My main goal for this year it to save. I've always wanted to travel, and with nothing holding me back right now, that's what I'm striving for, January 2016. Despite my mothers eye rolls everytime I tell her, it's something I've wanted to do since I was a child playing Tomb Raider on my PC. So I'm doing this for me and Lara (Croft)
That's not to say that this year will be short on trips, I still plan on visiting a few places I've never been before, I've managed to achieve this every year since I don't even know when, so I highly doubt I'll be giving it a miss this year.

A new year wouldn't be the same without some other generic goals, so here's a list of a few I'm setting myself,

Blog More. 
So Cliche in the blogging world, but I let my blog slip after August last year, and I really want to get back into it. I've already given myself a few little tweaks on the layout.

Be healthier 
Another Cliche, but it's true, I'm a pig. This year I'm going to be necking that water.

Save more, Spend less
I already mentioned about saving, but it's really important to me this year. I blew so much money last year (and the year before that) on clothes that I've barely worn. So this year, I'm going to buy more carefully, and save more pennies.

Do something new every month
Whether it be a new country, city or just a new restaurant.

Good Vibes Only
I stole this from last year, but it's really important to keep the positive energy going. I try to be negative as little as I can, and keep away from it also.


I just hope that this time next year, not only will I be packing to leave the country for a few months, but I can look back and say, 2015, what a year.

Chanel x


2 comments:

  1. Some solid resolutions! Love your blog, just followed! x

    <a href="http://www.dulciedulcie.com”>la dulcie vita | uk lifestyle blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post. I love your resolutions of 'good vibes' that's my aim this year too!

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete