Tuesday 12 May 2015

POSTCARDS FROM VENICE


Is there a better feeling than finally ticking something off your bucket list, finally seeing a place you've been dreaming of, ever since you can remember? I think the answer is no. I can finally check Venice off my to-do list, and I can honestly say, it was more magical than I ever imagined. It's unreal, so much so, I had to constantly remind myself that this was a genuine place and not some disney amusement ride. 
Venice is perfect if you're into mazes, the little island is built like a labyrinth, with so many narrow alley ways and turns. It was dead easy to get lost. For the two nights we were there, I completely forgot about the existence of cars, how the venetian people get by with just boats still amazes me. Imagine having your ASOS parcels delivered by speed boat every morning. 
The evenings were much more calm than the days. Trying to squeeze past various tour groups down narrow streets gets old pretty quickly, but after about 7pm, they all disappear, and the place is a lot more relaxed and quiet, much more romantic than avoiding accidentally photo-bombing a Chinese families photo. 
I instantly fell in love with Venice, but if you're going, I'd definitely recommend no more than two or three days there, a short city break is more than enough here. I will be following this post up with a few tips for staying in Venice soon 

Chanel x

2 comments:

  1. Venice looks gorgeous! I'd love to go some day <3 Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Venice looks so beautiful. I have never been there, but friends of mine have and they really enjoyed it. Gret post and photos.xxx
    www.ninzbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete